The St Giles’ Centre is making available a series of webinars designed to provide online targeted support for learners in Wrexham. Details about this provision and access to the webinars can be found here.
Religious Studies (GCSE, AS /A-level)
It is a challenging time for both learners and teachers preparing for GCSE and AS/A-level Religious Studies assessments, as the impact of Covid-19 on examination practices is being felt.
In order to support learners and teachers in Wrexham, the St Giles’ Centre has asked experienced educator and coach, Dr Greg Barker, to create a series of webinars for GCSE Religious Studies and AS/A-level Religious Studies (WJEC).
Information about the webinars for learners is found on this page, while the webinars for teachers may be found in the professional learning section of this website in Courses.
GCSE Religious Studies
Who? GCSE learners in Wrexham.
What? Four x 60-minute pre-recorded webinars for learners are available:
- One skills based (Unit 1, part 1);
- One content based (Unit 1, part 2);
- One skills based (Unit 2, part 1);
- One content based (Unit 2, part 2).
When? March – 30 September 2021. (Wrexham teachers can contact us for the webinar links.)
AS/A-level Religious Studies
Who? AS/A-level learners in Wrexham.
What? Three pre-recorded webinars for learners are available:
- AS content and AO1/AO2 exercises (1 hour 9 minutes presentation and 30 minute student exercises;
- A2 content and AO1/AO2 exercises (1 hour 30 minutes presentation and 20 minute student exercises);
- AS/A-level AO1 and AO2 assessment qualities overview (around 50 minutes).
When? April – 30 September 2021. (Wrexham teachers can contact us for the webinar links.)
Core Religious Education (KS4)
Who? KS4 learners receiving statutory RE in Wrexham.
What? One enrichment webinar is available, led by Dr Greg Barker (28 minutes).
When? May 2021 – 31 July 2022. (Wrexham teachers can contact us for the webinar links.)
You can also pre-view an 8-minute clip here.