The St Giles’ Centre is developing a range of professional learning support materials for teachers and schools in Wrexham , which are also freely accessible to any individual or organisation outside the county borough. These support materials are presented in a variety of formats.
Professional Learning support materials currently include:
- The Professional Learning Series.
The Professional Learning Series
The St Giles’ Centre Professional Learning Series is a collection of professional learning PowerPoints and other resources, which you may use within your own contexts. For schools in the local authority, we can also offer tailored ‘in person’ interactive presentations of the material, either online or face to face. New titles are regularly being developed and will be posted on this page.
Wrexham Agreed Syllabus
Watch a 6-minute video describing how the Wrexham Agreed Syllabus was written (18 June 2022).
Exploring Worldviews: A Stimulus Resource for Religion, Values and Ethics in Wales
This professional learning publication (June 2022, pdf):
- introduces the concept of ‘worldviews’ from a Curriculum for Wales perspective;
- reflects on how a ‘worldview’ approach might affect classroom practice in Wales.
Foundational professional learning video on Religion, Values and Ethics (RVE) in the Curriculum for Wales
Watch a 45-minute video on ‘RVE and the Curriculum for Wales’. (The video is an adapted version of the online professional learning session on 12 January 2022.)
Note: Select the HD option to watch the video in ‘high definition’.
Developing Spirituality in the County Primary School
This professional learning resource asks:
- What is spirituality and why is it important?
- How and why is spiritual development important in the curriculum?
- In which practical ways can learners be provided with opportunities to develop their spirituality?